Workshop and Training Course on Capacity Building of Teachers for the New Normal Education Landscape
This training course is the counterpart workshop of the webinar series design on Capacity Building of Teachers for the New Normal Education Landscape. This training-workshop in a course form is prepared for RTU faculty members to help them simulate flexible learning competencies, experience actual distance learning setting, and prepare for the other challenges in education in this time of pandemic. It allows faculty members to apply acquired knowledge during the webinar sessions from understanding the principles of flexible learning, designing syllabus, selecting appropriate assessment tasks and tools, preparing self-paced learning modules, creating course in Learning Management System (LMS), identifying Open Educational Resources (OER), and establishing quality assurance in blended and distance learning.
Course Code : FLEX-101
Course Title : Essentials of Flexible Learning
FLEX-101: Essentials of Flexible Learning is a short introductory and training course designed in preparation for the implementation of the university Flexible Learning System (FLEXYS). It is the pilot online course of the University under Dunong Rizal's Massive Virtual Learning Courses (Massive Open Online Courses) developed by the Learning Development and Editorial Office (LDEO) of the Curriculum and Instructional Resources Development Center (CIRDC) to equip faculty and staff members who will be engaged in teaching in blended and distance learning settings. This course provides and encompasses essential topics encapsulated in 12 learning modules as we continuously address the significant paradigm shift in teaching and learning process. Faculty members are expected to appropriately apply flexible learning principles in their respective classes at the end of this course.
- Identify basic principles of flexible learning and competencies applied blended and distance learning setting;
- Prepare syllabus and learning framework applying flexible learning principles and strategies;
- Demonstrate skills in developing learning modules and other instructional materials for synchronous and asynchronous modality;
- Demonstrate skills in creating online course in Learning Management System using Moodle;
- Use appropriate authoring tools in upgrading online course and integrating other online and offline platforms; and
- Demonstrate skills in selecting and integrating available and appropriate Educational Technology and Information and Communication Technology.